Wednesday, December 19, 2007

6 days before Christmas

As I ate my first butter tart of the 2007 holiday season, I was reminded of all of us who are in the middle of the sights and sounds and tastes of the season (as well as gift wrap, tape and mailing boxes!) and who are, at the same time, wanting to be conscious of our health.

Can a butter tart be part of a healthy diet, someone asked me. In reply, I told them that a butter tart (a high fat, high sugar, calorie dense food) can be part of a healthy diet when consumed infrequently and surrounded by nutrient dense, fiber-rich, healthful foods. How about some warm soup for lunch? Try this on for body-size……………enjoy the tart as a special treat and enjoy warm and nourishing food as part of your personal health promotion and reap the benefits! Less sickness, more energy and more focus for fun and festivities. And always, stay hydrated.

No comments: